Thursday, July 31, 2008

My friend Sue

I have to acknowledge the inspirational debt I owe my friend and colleague, Sue. If it wasn't for her talent, guidance and enthusiasm, I doubt if I would be having the fun I am having with technology in the classroom.At least once a week I take my year 7's, 8's and 10's into a computer room to work on their blogs. They are either posting up some creative or reflective writing or doing some text based responses. Lately they have been enjoying working on mystudiyo where they can create their own quizzes. Further down the track, I intend to learn how to do podcasts and have students interview each other on various topics. Once again, my guru Sue has led the way in podcasting at our school. For a wonderful acknowledgement of what Sue is doing with taking classes into the digital age, see Anne Baird's comments on her blog.
Adding this extra dimension to my teaching has been challenging but very satisfying and exciting. The majority of my students have responded in a positive way to this alternate manner of presenting work.

No comments: